We are now online for LGBTQ mental health information and support until 2pm.
Contact one of our Online Support Workers in confidence - see the box in the bottom right hand corner.
MindOut is a mental health service run by and for lesbians, gay, bisexual, trans and queer people with experience of mental health issues.
We work to improve the mental health and wellbeing of LGBTQ communities and to make mental health a community concern.
We do this by:
- Listening to and responding to the LGBTQ experience of mental health
- Offering hope through positive relationships and professional expertise
- Preventing isolation, crisis and suicidal distress in LGBTQ communities
- Providing safe spaces for people to meet and support each other
- Helping people protect their rights and get their voices heard
- Campaigning and creating conversations about LGBTQ mental health throughout the world
MindOut is needed because LGBTQ people:
- do not get the support they need for their mental health from mainstream services
- often feel isolated from LGBTQ communities
- face additional discrimination, exclusion and minority stress
- deserve a space where their identities are recognised and understood
We welcome all LGBTQ people and those who may not identify as LGBTQ including men who have sex with men, women who have sex with women, intersex people, people who previously identified as trans and people who are questioning their sexual and/or gender identities. If in doubt, please do contact us.
Our vision is a world where the mental health of LGBTQ communities is a priority, free from stigma, respected and recognised.
We are passionate about:
- Community and individual empowerment
- Mental wellbeing
- Co-production and client participation
- Staff wellbeing, performance and development
- Challenging stigma and discrimination
- Quality, excellence and innovation
- Diversity and inclusion, respecting individuality
- Meeting the needs of LGBTQ communities