On Friday 17th March we are heading to London for the Stonewall Workplace Conference, Europe’s leading event for LGBTQ+ inclusion. Keep an eye out for our CEO Rita Hirani, COO Erica Thornton, Cerys Evans our Administrator and Phil Avery our Advocate and Social Media Officer. This year’s theme is Building Momentum and the conference will be exploring how you can put people at the heart of inclusive workplaces. The Stonewall Workplace Conference is the only event where you can:
- Learn and share best practice on LGBTQ+ inclusion in our interactive workshops, led by Stonewall experts and their community partners
- Build practical action plans that are tailored to your context, addressing current issues facing diversity & inclusion professionals and LGBTQ+ staff and allies
- Network with likeminded professionals from across a range of sectors
This year we are fortunate to be invited to lead a workshop titled; LGBTQ+ Mental Health Support. We will reinforce the critical role organisations have to play in supporting their staff’s mental health.
LGBTQ+ people are disproportionately impacted by poor mental health and are often not getting the support they need from mainstream services. In this workshop, we’ll explore how organisations can provide more inclusive mental health support for LGBTQ+ communities. Focused learning will include:
- Understanding more about mental health and wellbeing amongst LGBTQ+ communities
- Explore how to have more inclusive conversations about mental health and wellbeing
- Discuss how you can ensure that you’re providing both inclusive and specific mental health support at work
We are looking forward to seeing some familiar faces including our wonderful ambassador and Trans in the City CEO, Bobbi Pickard. Also keep an eye out for everything LGBTQ workplace inclusion across our social media sites on Friday 17th March!