indOut offers a unique, professional and independent advocacy service run by and for LGBTQ people with lived experience of mental health issues.
MindOut advocacy services are welcoming, affirmative and supportive of all LGBTQ people.
“Without the support from MindOut my life would have spiralled out of control! My advocate has helped me stay on top of things, my life has really changed, he has saved my life!”
An advocate can help you to:
- Think about how to look after your mental health and wellbeing
- Express your views and concerns
- Explore options and make decisions
- Have your voice heard on issues that are important to you
- Defend and safeguard your rights
- Improve your access to services and information
- Feel more empowered and in control of your life
- Prioritise any issues, concerns or problems
- Negotiate with service providers
- Write letters, fill out forms and make calls
- Attend meetings and appointments
- Speak up, be heard or if need be, represent you
- Make complaints
“My advocate helped me – over and above. I was listened to and heard and what I was going through was not invalidated”
Our advocacy services include:
Our Advocacy services are delivered as part of the Sussex Advocacy Partnership. The Sussex Advocacy Partnership brings together specialist advocacy providers to deliver an integrated advocacy service across Brighton and Hove, East Sussex and West Sussex. As part of this new partnership, MindOut will continue to provide Trans Advocacy and Community Mental Health Advocacy for LGBTQ people in Brighton & Hove.
“Advocacy helped and went beyond the call of duty! I know I could have asked anything and would have received good advice and support”
Watch our videos to learn more about our Advocacy services:
All of our advocacy workers hold the National Advocacy Qualification and our service meets the Advocacy Quality Performance Standard.